Your Tool Kit: how to do CPD under the new SRA Rules
Solicitors faced with the challenge of taking a ‘reflective approach’ to CPD under the SRA Competency Framework need look no further. To aid firms in establishing the new approach DAW have put their heads together and developed a comprehensive support package to guide solicitors and managers through the process. New for 2018/19, based on client feedback, the Framework has been enhanced with new areas.
The DAWLAW CPD Toolkit contains:
1. Legal Manager Discussion Notes - the introductory discussion notes that aim to steer managers and supervisors through the process and offers a step-by-step guide to having conversations with staff about their CPD plans.
2. Development Needs Analysis – blank forms to help solicitors reflect on their activity at work in 12 crucial areas matched against the SRA’s Competency Framework for qualified solicitors – now extended based on client feedback.
3. Manager DNA forms – a similar set of forms in the same 12 areas to help managers and supervisors assess the competencies of each member of their solicitor staff. DAWLaw have incorporated all the SRA Competencies but avoided duplication – and added new areas – particularly on financials!
4. Learning & Development Checklist – a range of options to guide all staff on alternative CPD activities to help them develop their competencies.
5. Recording your CPD – a guide for staff to help explain how they can record their CPD.
6. My Personal Audit: S.W.O.T. – a simple one-page form to help staff summarise their situation at any given time.
7. Continuing Professional Development Plan – a one-page template for staff to record their CPD goals, actions and note of completion.
8. Staff Appraisal Competence Summary – a single sheet to record each person’s CPD attainment across all 12 competencies and their progress, helping managers and supervisors focus on the development needs of their team.
9. CPD Workshop Enquiry Form – a single document to help record any training needs
10. Workshop: ‘Managing my Learning & Development’ – example outline of our e-workshop to guide your people.
11. Career Path Document – section of generic examples to show the growing complexity in developing competencies framework. We can support the development of a career path for your team: just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Loyalty Vouchers – discounting £50 off the DAWLaw usual rate for in-house half-day CPD training events (and we charge no expenses either!)
The pack contents can be photo-copied internally as many times as you need for all managers and all their solicitor staff – but may not be used commercially (sold to another firm).
This comprehensive resource is listed at £249.50 (+VAT). To find out how to make it work for you, or to place an order, please use the link be
Clicking on the button below will redirect you to the DAW-CPD site where you can purchase your CPD Tool Kit.